OBJECTIVES OF THE FUNDING PROGRAMME
The demand for electrified vehicles is progressively increasing thanks to significant technological advances achieved in recent years. Awareness of the ever growing impact of noxious and particulate emissions on health and significant progress in battery technology and production will lead to an acceleration of their market penetration.
The Calls will focus on the most critical aspects supporting a massive introduction of electrified vehicles:
1) advances in electric batteries (production of elementary cells and pack assembly),
2) new architectures, concepts and components to support the advent of the 3rd generation of electrified vehicles,
3) improve the recharging experience from the view-point of the end-users,
4) supporting the competitiveness of European industries through the development of digitalised production environments and the use of advanced material,
5) addressing the urban dimension of introducing electrified vehicles.