OBJECTIVES AND TOPICS
The strategic objective of the MANUNET Call 2018 is to enhance the competitiveness of Europe’s Manufacturing Industry by supporting the funding of Manufacturing research projects performed by enterprises and their strategic partnerships. Projects will typically be smaller than projects submitted to the EU Framework Programme and they will benefit from accelerated funding decisions
The funding objectives of the call are transnational application oriented and high risk R&D projects related to Manufacturing. The project proposals must clearly demonstrate:
- Transnational, collaborative R&D with a significant degree of innovation and scientific and technical risk
- SME strong participation
- Market orientation
- Application and practical use of manufacturing technologies
- Expertise of the project partners in their respective fields of competence
- Added value through transnational cooperation
- Scale of impact and market positioning of the applicant
The MANUNET Call 2018 for proposals includes all fields in Manufacturing, structured in the following topics:
- Knowledge-based engineering, information and communication technologies for manufacturing, including technologies for Industry 4.0 (for example industrial robotics, computer-aided engineering and design, automated manufacturing, zero defect manufacturing, product lifetime management, cyber-physical systems, IoT, control, big-data, analytics, connectivity and mobility, augmented reality, cyber security for processes, etc.).
- Manufacturing technologies for environmental and energy applications including resource efficiency and recycling
- Adaptive manufacturing technologies including processes for removing, joining, adding, forming, consolidating, assembling.
- Additive manufacturing (for example technologies, materials, products etc.)
- New materials for manufacturing (alloys, lubricants, coatings, textile fibres, construction, composites, insulation, etc.).
- New manufacturing methods, components and systems (development of demonstrators, devices, tooling and equipment, logistic systems, etc.).
- Other technologies, products and services related to the manufacturing field
However, the respective regional/national thematic programme focus should also be taken into account.