OBJECTIVES OF THE FUNDING PROGRAM
The grant supports, through the granting of a non-repayable grant, the creation of investment and business development programs by small-scale innovative start-ups. Given that the main difficulties of innovative start-ups reside not only in overcoming the first years of life but also and above all in achieving the dimensions necessary to grow and remain competitive on the market, the Contest pursues the following objectives:
- stimulate the consolidation, stabilization and growth of innovative start-ups that have passed the initial exploration / first start phase and have the potential to make a rapid and significant market penetration;
- provide specific support to the most critical phases of business development, through a contribution of resources commensurate with the actual needs of the start-ups to realize the dimensional leap and assume a relevant role in the reference market;
- to encourage greater attractiveness of start-ups with regard to investors, contributing to countering the difficulties in accessing finance and the continuing under-sizing of the capital market in support of the various stages of growth of start-ups;
- support the processes of corporate venture capital, of increasing importance for the development of both start-ups and investor companies, with a view to open innovation and strategic industrial partnerships;
- bridging the gap with the international and European context, more favorable to the start-up ecosystem, also counteracting the persistence of a Piedmontese start-up dimension smaller than the other Northern Italian regions;
- integrate the panorama of existing subsidies, mostly characterized by small-scale actions, guaranteeing the necessary continuity of support;
- subsequently to the initial phases of life and introducing a complementary tool to the intervention of the ESF2 and to the additional instruments of regional policies of innovation and competitiveness;
- contribute to the implementation of the Regional Strategy of Intelligent Specialization (S3), supporting entrepreneurial discovery processes.
The eligible expenses are the following:• personnel costs (researchers, technicians and other personnel to the extent that they are used to carry out the business plan);• general expenses directly attributable to the implementation of the business plan up to a maximum of 25% of the total eligible costs;• purchase of buildings up to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible costs;• purchase of machinery, equipment, hardware and software;• purchase of vehicles;• rental of machinery, equipment and vehicles;• plants installation and operational start of the systems;• masonry;• expenses for consultancy services and equivalent services up to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible costs;• materials;• intellectual property rights;• marketing and advertising, including the website (admissible up to a maximum of € 20,000) and participation in exhibitions .
applying as innovative start-ups
and registered in the Special Section of the Register of Companies with headquarters in Piedmont can submit their application.
The Call supports innovative start-ups that present a business plan aimed at consolidating and / or accelerating their growth.
The programs are in particular consistent with the Program:
- following the initial exploration and constitution / first start phase;
- able to clearly highlight, in the context of a credible business model and an established system of relationships, the initial product / service and the related production / supply and sales methods on the market;
- aimed at business structuring, strengthening and growth processes, in view of a rapid and significant market penetration.
They constitute an essential prerequisite for the project:
- the configuration of the business plan in the form of the Model 1 approved and signed by all the members of the start-up;
- the ability of the start-up to independently find, to finance the business plan referred to in the previous point, an amount of resources at least equal to the regional contribution requested (and in any case not less than € 150,000).
The business plans must be consistent with the regional S3, in terms of sectors of specialization and / or technological fields related to transversal trajectories, or in any case capable of promoting entrepreneurial discovery in new areas, even niche ones, that can represent occasions for high development potential.
The subsidy consists of a grant
to cover up to 100% of the costs deemed eligible for the regional aid project, ranging between € 150,000 and € 400,000.
The maximum grant that can be granted can be increased up to € 500,000 in the event that, in addition to the possession of the requisites required for registration in the special Special Section of the Register of Companies, start-up also simultaneously meets one of the following requirements:
- the company can demonstrate that in a foreseeable future it will develop new or significantly improved products, services or processes with respect to the state of the art in the sector concerned and that involve a risk of technological or industrial failure;
- the research and development costs of the company represent at least 10% of the total operating costs in at least one of the three years preceding the granting of the aid or, in the case of a start-up without previous financial data, in the audit of the financial year in progress, as certified by an external auditor.
Approved business plans are eligible with an amount of expenses not less than 300,000 euros (including both the investor project and the regional aid project).