The RISE scheme promotes international and cross-sector collaboration through exchanging research and innovation staff, and sharing knowledge and ideas from research to market (and vice-versa). The scheme fosters a shared culture of research and innovation that welcomes and rewards creativity and entrepreneurship and helps to turn creative ideas into innovative products, services or processes.
• Support is provided for the development of partnerships in the form of a joint research and innovation project. This is aimed at knowledge sharing via international as well as intersectoral mobility, based on secondments of research and innovation staff (exchanges) with an in-built return mechanism.
• The organisations constituting the partnership contribute directly to the implementation of a joint research and innovation project by seconding and/or hosting eligible staff members. Secondments shall always take place between legal entities independent from each other.
• RISE should exploit complementary competences of the participating organisations, as well as other synergies, and enable networking activities, organisation of workshops and conferences to facilitate sharing of knowledge, new skills acquisition and career development for research and innovation staff members.
• RISE proposals can focus either on one dimension of mobility (intersectoral / international), or include a combination of both.
• Exchanges can be for both early-stage and experienced researchers and can also include administrative, managerial and technical staff directly involved in the research and innovation activities of the proposal.
• Support for the exchanges between institutions within Europe (EU Member States and Horizon 2020 Associated Countries) covers only intersectoral secondments.
• Exchanges with institutions from and to third countries can be intersectoral as well as within the same sector.
• Secondments between institutions established in third countries or within the same EU Member State or Horizon 2020 Associated Country will not be supported.