This specific challenge addresses the development of "innovative pilot actions", which is one of the major targets of the European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on Raw Materials.
Applying a circular economy approach throughout the entire value chain, actions for this topic should address only one of the following sub-topics:
- Sustainable processing and refining of primary and/or secondary raw materials,
- Recycling of raw materials from end-of-life products,
- Recycling of raw materials from buildings and infrastructures,
- Advanced sorting systems for high-performance recycling of complex end-of-life products,
- Sustainable metallurgical processes.
Actions should develop and demonstrate innovative pilots for the clean and sustainable production of non-energy, non-agricultural raw materials in the EU from primary and/or secondary sources finishing at Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 6-7.
Type of action: Innovation Action.
Budget: The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of between EUR 8 million and EUR 13 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately.